Post subject: Re: Unity TT Dragster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:57 pm 

There's one of these on eBay at the mo.
Albeit very rusty looking! I'll try fond the link

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:55 pm 

Yes, just seen the one on Ebay.
Looks a bit of a sorry state, cant believe it already has a bid at £65 :o
I was going to offer a fiver for the chain gaurd if it did not sell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:25 pm 

I saw it yesterday and thought it looked a touch poorly!
I think he's probably got a mate to bid on it if it's at £65!!

I thought it looked different to how he's got it listed then I saw this thread today

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Like Sully says, the bid is shill bidding .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:09 pm 

Hi

Does anyone on this forum know where I could obtain or have made decals. I am after the Dragster lettering for both sides of the frame.

Cheers

Will take that as a no then.

Attachments:
kellsfind12a.jpg
kellsfind12a.jpg [ 181.91 KiB | Viewed 4312 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:31 am 

Hi Paul,
I have quite a bit of info on these great bikes and I consider these unity TT Dragsters to be without doubt the most radical,best built and best ride of all the 70's hi-riser/chopper style bikes..
Cheer,Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:07 am 

Back in circa 95 ish i bought one off these dragster bikes for my daughter to use as a bike to ride in the pits at santa pod and other tracks it was a very nice survivor bike only parts missing were the dummy exhaust trumpets, fast foreward to 2012 daughter all grown up dragster left outside it ended up very rough indeed i did not realise back then what a great find it had been back in the 90,s as it was a really nice machine, but she got the use out of it and enjoyed it sold it via ebay to some lady she had been looking for one for years,,

please tell us your information on this model Rob.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:32 am 

Hi Rob...wod love any info on these bikes please.
I just love mine but don't get as much time as I would like to ride it. Also thinking of getting it restored if I can find someone to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:56 am 

Evening folks
If I were you Paul I'd keep the Dragster original and just get the decals sorted(I have full sets of these).
Hey cannonball that Dragster you're talking about is here with me....how's that for information.my wife bought it from you for me and you dismantled it,threw it in a box and sent it down south from Crewe,Cheshire?..
Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:58 am 

Prapsnot wrote:
Evening folks
If I were you Paul I'd keep the Dragster original and just get the decals sorted(I have full sets of these).
Hey cannonball that Dragster you're talking about is here with me....how's that for information.my wife bought it from you for me and you dismantled it,threw it in a box and sent it down south from Crewe,Cheshire?..
Rob

well thats great. nice one,yes i am in crewe cheshire,, i bought it from what was called the loot a free paper thing in the sot area, it really was a nice original bike when i bought it probably honestly an 85% on condition, maybe a yr after my daughter used it i saw how beat up it had got i had a fit with her and she looked after it then until she became to old for it,,
would love to see pics of it if you have any good or bad,,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:57 pm 

Hi Rob,

Would certainly love to get hold of a set of decals.

I think if I could strip mine down and give the frame a good T cut and add new decal it would look fine.

Please pm me Rob if you want to sell decals......many thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:18 am 

Hi Paul
Yes I have full sets 2xmain tube 'Dragster' & lines,both chainguard TT's & lines. the 123 gear change decals for both crossbars and also including an extra decal that I had made which wasn't originally fitted to the bikes at the factory, this extra decal is a 'UNiTY' decal for the seat down tube.£30.00 inc p&p.
If you need any assistance stripping the bike down just let me know as these bikes are completely unique in many ways and the gearstick knob alone requires knowledge of its assembly technique in order to dismantle it without causing damage to items that simply cannot be replaced.
Best wishes,Rob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 pm 

Hi Rob, That is fantastic, have been after decals for ages now...if you could pm me payment details that would be great.

Any advice on fitting them would be very welcome....would i need to spray over them with a clear lacquer?

You are right about the gear knob I have no clue how to remove it, mine is wooden with a metal pin through it.

I am very fortunate in that a have a spare frame in slightly better condition so I intend to use that. Have tried t cut on a small area and it seems as though it will clean up nicely even removing the parts of decal that are there. So the plan will be to get that frame in order and then just transfer all the bits from my complete bike.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:53 pm 

Hello Paul
It's probably just cos its early Saturday morning but what does 'pm' mean when you're asking me to 'pm' you.
Yes the gear knob itself (under the rubber cover) is actually made of wood(I was surprised when I carefully removed the rubber cover)and this wooden knob is remove from the chrome shaft by simply tapping out the metal pin that holds it onto the shift using a similar sized tool to gently tap it out.
The decals are easy to apply and just use the outlines of the original decals that remains on the frame as a position guide.i will put instructions in with the decals anyway Paul.
Where did you manage to come across another frame and maybe we could agree a price on the Headbadge on the frame that you intend to strip as I could do with it.
Cheers,Rob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:51 am 

Hi Rob, sorry pm = private message.
I was luck enough to get the spare frame from a nice guy on here by the name of JC. When I got my bike it was missing one side of the chaingaurd so I asked on here and he messaged me offering the frame with chaingaurds.
As for the head badge, sure you can have it but I would have no idea how to remove it?
One part I am after is one of the silver exhaust pipes. I have one missing from mine.
What condition is your seat in? When I got mine the foam padding had virtually disintegratd. I re padded and covered it with chopper mk1 parts from ebay and they fitted really well.
Do you know if the Dragster originally had a prop stand?
Anyway let me know about the head badge and pm me payment details for decals.
Cheers
Paul